The community is invited to a free Stroke Awareness Fair at 1:30- 4 p.m. on Wednesday, May 24 at Rehabilitation Hospital of the Northwest.
Individuals attending the event will learn more about strokes and how they can affect you or a loved one.
All-day activities will include:
- Stroke risk assessments, including blood pressure testing
- Diet and nutrition education
- Stroke education, including prevention and warning signs
- Information from local medical centers and clinics
- Free healthy snacks, and more.
Presentations will include:
- 1:30 p.m. – “Heart Health and Stroke Prevention” by Dr. Madeleine Geraghty, Stroke Hospitalist at Deaconess Hospital and Rockwood Neurology Center
- 3:30 p.m. – “Life After Stroke – Returning Home” by Jennifer Plummer, Physical Therapist (MS, MPT, LVT) and Team Lead at Kindred at Home
For more information, call 208-262-8700 or email email@example.com.